The WMNLA Scholarship Fund was started in the Fall of 2001 with the goal to provide a scholarship award to a local college student with an interest in horticulture. Since that time, the fund has bloomed from a balance of $3,398 in 2002 to $13,157 as of April 2008. Up to three scholarships totaling up to $3,000 annually can be awarded to students in Ottawa, Kent, Oceana, Newaygo, Muskegon, Mason and Allegan Counties.
Deadline for applications is March 1 to the Grand Haven Area Community Foundation.
The Grand Haven Area Community Foundation Scholarship Application is available for completion online at our website:
- Go to the Scholarship Page and read over all the information.
- Go to the Application Page. There you will find information including Descriptions of the Scholarships available and Application Tips and Suggestions for Completion. (You may print this information for reference.)
There are Four Required Steps to a Successful Application:
- Begin working on your FAFSA report now so you have the results back by the scholarship deadline of March 2. There is a link to the FAFSA website on the Application page.
- Click to register with the Grand Haven Area Community Foundation eGrant system to begin your scholarship application. Follow the directions and save your work. Do not submit your application until you have read it over and are completely finished.
- All applicants must print and sign the Financial Information Form and mail it to the University or College they plan to attend in the fall of 2015. This link is found on the Application page.
- Submit your application in two ways: First submit your application electronically. Then, go to the main menu of the eGrant page. Click on the View Button. Your application will appear in PDF format. Print this document and deliver it with all required attachments to the Grand Haven Area Community Foundation, 1 South Harbor, Grand Haven, MI 49417. If the word “Draft” appears on any pages of the application after printing, go back to the “Finish Page” and “Submit” the application. Applications will not be considered submitted if they are in Draft form.
The deadline for submitting your application is: March 2nd.
Please call Laurel Grevel at (616) 842-6378 if you have questions about your scholarship application.
WMNLA Launches Horticulture Grant Program
Debuting this year, WMNLA is very fortunate to be able to develop a Horticulture Grant program to support high school and tech centers with their horticulture education projects within the WMNLA region of Ottawa, Muskegon, Kent, Allegan, Newaygo, and Oceana counties. Grant criteria is currently being developed by the WMNLA Board. This program is an important initiative of the industry to support the horticulture education programs at the high school and tech center where student are just beginning to develop their career interests at a time when these educational programs can be limited due to financial constraints. Award amounts will begin at $500 and will increase as the fund grows with time.
Educators can contact WMNLA to learn more about this program by contacting Pam Cater, WMNLA Coordinator at – email@example.com
If your business would like to support this program, donations are accepted on behalf of WMNLA at the Grand Haven Area Community Foundation, One S. Harbor Drive, Grand Haven, MI 49417 or www.ghacf.org.